From 1774, the name Lanjarón began to spread for the therapeutic effects of its mineral-medicinal waters. In 1792, in order to guarantee a minimum level of order, the Town Council took the reins over Lanjarón water.
It is in 1819, with the arrival in Lanjarón of Mr Miguel Baldovi (first director of the Spa) when we see moderate use of the water and the investigation into its properties.
In 1875 it became privately owned, with the Duchess of Medina Santoña being its first owner. After her death, in 1899 it was acquired by Mr Silverio Carrillo, guaranteeing the success of their investment.
In 1922, upon his death, he passed property entirely to his daughter, Sister Matilde Carrillo, founder of the school of Charity of Lanjarón.
From this date on, the remodelling works take place, building a large spring’s hall and an events hall. Precisely one of the last major building projects was the restoration of the events hall.